Join Intel - and engineer the future of Wireless
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us - and help us create the next generation of wireless technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Intel invites you to collaborate with global teams to develop and specify the concepts of cellular wireless modem signal processing algorithms and architectures for various technologies 3G, LTE and upcoming 5G.
We are looking for a senior wireless signal processing system engineer strengthening the modem algorithm & performance team. Our solutions are used in world-class tablets, smartphones, feature-phones, and wireless modules. This job opening encompasses a wide range of activities:
- Exploration of novel signal processing algorithms for wireless modems
- Contributing to the Intel's wireless IP port-folio
- Assessing and improving receiver performance via link-level simulations
- Proposing HW/SW splits for product implementation
- Providing specifications of signal processing algorithms and architectures
- Providing fixed point reference models for target implementation in HW or FW/SW
- Coordinating and leading cross-functional activities algorithm/design/implementation/verification
- Closely collaborate with HW and FW implementation teams
- Working along & incorporating up-to-date software-engineering standards
Inside this Business Group
- Masters degree in Electrical engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent required
- PhD and/or equivalent experience preferred
- 7+ years of industry experience in algorithm development for wireless systems
- Excellent knowledge in physical layer algorithms and link-level simulation for wireless communication systems
- Experience in software development/engineering with C/C++, Matlab, GIT, Unix, scripting
- Self-driven and entrepreneurial way of working
- Excellent communication skills in English
Intel is one of the largest suppliers of chips for the communications market. The Intel Communications group is focused on designing and building communications technologies such as Ethernet connectivity products, optical components, communications processing solutions and broadband products.