You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- The suitable candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor degree of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ months experience or coursework with processor architecture, operating systems internals, kernel debug skills, device driver development, performance analysis tools, and techniques.
- 3+ months experience or coursework to demonstrate expertise with power management, virtualization, RAS, graphics, sensor, and security.
- 3 months experience or coursework related with on low-level hardware programming and debugging expertise.
Inside this Business Group
In this position, you will be responsible for researching and analyzing operating system software enhancements for operating systems and virtualization software. You will be working closely with the desktop, server, mobile and phone business units at Intel.
Responsibilities may be quite diverse; in a technical nature, and will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the role, U.S. experience, and education requirements. Job assignments may be for the summer or for short periods throughout the school year.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzing, debugging and evaluating system software and processor errata for current systems and future Intel processors.
In addition, the ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving, data analytical and methodological thinking.
- Eager to take on challenges and complete tasks within given timelines.
- Ability to multitask, self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team-oriented environment.
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.