The Engineering Technician is responsible for operational technical functions in support of engineering activities such as design, test, checkout, modifications, fabrications, of design circuitry, electromechanical systems, or specialized test equipment. This role conducts engineering tests and detailed experimental testing to collect data or assist in research work. This role may perform operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment. Assignments are semi-routine in nature. Work performed within generally defined parameters. Some degree of judgment required in resolving nonstandard problems. Normally receives general instructions on most work. Specific shift hours TBD but may involve off-hours and weekend support.
Inside this Business Group
Minimum Qualifications (Must Have)
- High school Diploma (AA or BS preferred)
- Prior Experience working in an engineering technician related position with focus on operations supporting engineering and low-volume manufacturing functions for components
- Knowledge with networking as well as proficiency in basic MS Office tools.
- Ability to work in lab and production environment on a daily basis while balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Proficiency and WIP management and priority balancing - will work extensively in a team.
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to Have)
- AA or BS Degree in a related field of study
- Prior experience or knowledge with SSD testing
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.