Drive an industry forward
Creating and extending computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth- that's our vision, is it yours? We are changing the world at Intel. The Intel Communications and Devices Group (iCDG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of sub-systems that go into Intel's next generation client and mobile platforms. Step inside our world and you'll find one brilliant mind after another working together in a spirit of collaboration that is simply contagious. And through this shared dedication-this culture of innovation and exploration-we do more than deliver the latest technologies. We deliver the future. See for yourself. Look Inside.That's where you come in.
We need a passionate RF Systems Implementation Engineer to join a team of bright engineers with a "can do" spirit to debug, validate, and test the RF sub-system of a world-class cellular modem solution. The candidate is expected to bring passion, technical expertise, and strong execution into the RF TX Systems Validation team.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Implementation, Bring-up and Verification of RF subsystems for cellular applications 3G, LTE with key focus on ET operation for Frontend Power Amplifier
- System optimization of HW and SW parameter system efficiency, linearity, EVM, spectral requirements with close cooperation with FW development to meet product / customer margin targets
- RF calibration verification
- Debugging on system level with break down to component level driving technical alignment with Third Party Vendor
- Close Cooperation with other sites in EU and US side
- Compliance tracking against 3GPP system standard
- Customer HW support
- Collaboration with tooling support teams
- Support of continuous feature enhancement
Inside this Business Group
We're seeking a RF Engineers with solid background in cellular RF with special knowledge on integration of fast DCDC devices in ET mode Envelope tracking into an RF subsystem, followed by the integration into platform designs. You know the relevant system and test-specifications, and have hands-on experience with test equipment typically used in that environment. You work together with an international and technically skilled team spread over some sites.
- Key knowledge in ET system with relevant parameter experience in cellular Power Amplifier validation
- RF experience with strong focus on Transmit
- Strong knowledge of 3GPP standard 2G/3G/4G
- Hands-on experience with RF-Test equipment
- Experience in test automation
- Test case planning and tracking
- RF HW System Integration / validation with FW
- Independent working style and self-motivation
- Good communication skills
- Fluent English language skills
Nice to have:
- Co-existence with other wireless systems
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree with focus on Electronic Engineering, Radio Frequency or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of relevant job experience
- German language skills are welcome
What we offer you:
• We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
• Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which groups people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many, many more
• Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks
• Charge internal batteries during energetic team events
• We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, retirement plans, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
• We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
Intel is one of the largest suppliers of chips for the communications market. The Intel Communications group is focused on designing and building communications technologies such as Ethernet connectivity products, optical components, communications processing solutions and broadband products.