The Intel Contract Engineering Lab Technician works at our high-tech test facility in Hillsboro, Oregon, using some of the most advanced processes and tools. Intel's state-of-the-art processes and products will provide the opportunity to learn a variety of technical and manufacturing skills, from operations to equipment repair and troubleshooting, in a demanding yet rewarding and fast-paced development environment. This is a 24 month contract position.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Performing functions associated with unit testing and test program validation including operations, equipment, process and training.
- Operating, maintaining and repairing specialized processing equipment to ensure high output without compromising safety or quality.
- Collecting and evaluating test data to ensure high quality test results.
- Undertaking some preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, spares, and sustaining lab standards.
- Conducting improvement processes, troubleshooting nonstandard events, and reviewing technological health and stability
.- Mastering buddy, trainer, and certifier levels
- Taking charge of updating training documentation
- Participating in safety forums
Inside this Business Group
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ years of experience with some form of troubleshooting and/or debugging
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs., lift objects above 4.5 feet, and walk long distances.
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to work on 12 hours shift, day or night
- Ability to wear closed shoes all day
-Ability to push carts for at least a distance of 500m
- Ability to perform detailed visual inspection tasks
- Familiarity with electronic mail (any system) internet browsers, and word processing/data base software (ex: MS Words, Works)
- AA/AS or BS degree
-- Two+ years of experience in a semiconductor lab environment, or equivalent experience in a class test environment preferred
- Previous preventative maintenance and troubleshooting experience on VLSI test and robotic handler equipment including analytical aptitude and mechanical debug skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and data base entry
- Prior experience in lean manufacturing.
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.