The Platform Application Engineering (PAE) group within the Data Center Group is looking for an Engineer/Technical Program Manager to focus on Data Center Technology products and implementation, engaging with external customers as well as with Intel subcontractors and internal teams.
The successful applicant will provide Solution level support for a large variety of customers’ use cases s.a. HPC, ML/DL, Cloud, Health, NFV, etc. Common responsibilities will include ownership of solution implementation and resolution of technical issues during implementation and testing phase at Customer Datacenter. He/she will also oversee subcontractor operations, performance and quality of the datacenter solution implementation. You will perform the role of the Onsite Technical Program Manager.
Please be informed that Intel is proactively seeking candidates for a Technical Program Manager position which frequently becomes available at Intel Gdansk. Please note that the position may not be available at this time. If you are interested and should it become available, we would encourage you to apply and a member of our recruitment team will be glad to contact you when/if relevant
You will be expected to represent the customers’ technical needs, collaborating with other Data Center Group engineering disciplines, and in general contributing toward making the datacenter customer successful. You will participate in reviewing customer designs and provide design-in guidance. You will develops solutions to problems, utilizing formal education and judgment. Some travel may be required (30-40%) - domestic and international as appropriate based on customer and training needs.
Successful candidate will have:
- General knowledge of datacenter solution and architecture
- process and project management skills
- Relevant Data center experience with 2+ year recent experience with direct customer interaction in technical support role.
- Troubleshooting, problem solving, multi-tasking, organization, and customer management skills are critical to success in this role.
- Good system level debugging skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills with customers of all skill levels (novice thru expert).
- Comfortable working in Linux and Windows development environments.
Nice to have skills:
- Knowledge and experience with HPC, ML/DL, Cloud, Health, NFV
- Experience with defect tracking applications.
- Subcontractor management
- Performance testing skills
- The ideal candidate will bring a proactive, energetic attitude towards problem solving and debug. Strong communication skills (verbal & written) and demonstrated ability to debug complex issues is required.
- Good written and verbal Polish, German and English communication skills.
You will become a part of one of best Intel teams and have a possibility to work with highly motivated individuals - best professionals in their field.
Besides regular engineering duties you can:
- Take advantage of various career development activities like becoming a trainer for a chosen technical or non-technical course, mentoring.
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities (innovation lab, collaboration events, and patent submissions writing).
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which gathers people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, skiing, cross fit, photography, and many more,
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks,
- Relax during energetic team events (skiing, kayaking, sailing, etc.)
- Minimum B.S. in Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering / Computer Science