Seeking an experienced Firmware or Software Development Manager with a strong technical background to lead the development of UEFI FW in the Datacenter Group.
This challenging position offers an opportunity to help accelerate Intel's growth in the data center group by delivering best in class technologies into the world's top servers. Manages a team of software professionals including but not limited to engineers and architects who are responsible for delivering results over many areas of the software lifecycle: design, developing, debugging, validating, and optimization, customer engagement and product support.
The focus will be on UEFI FW development but the scope of responsibilities might include systems software, drivers, high performance computing, development tools, enterprise applications, consumer applications or user interfaces.
May also be required to provide architectural and technical guidance, and ensure that sound engineering practices are followed. Provides direction and goals to the group and interacts with stakeholders both internal and external.
Please be informed that Intel is proactively seeking candidates for a UEFI FW Development Manager position which frequently becomes available at Intel Gdansk. Please note that the position may not be available at this time. If you are interested and should it become available, we would encourage you to apply and a member of our recruitment team will be glad to contact you when/if relevant.
BS/MS in CS/EE or equivalent and:
- 3+ years of experience with developing FW/SW, including demonstrated expertise in low level programming (register-level, HW and platform initialization, etc.) and operating systems
- 2+ years of experience managing a development team. - Strong leadership and people management skills;
- Ability to set the direction and pace of execution, motivate and inspire the team to deliver best in class results, support innovation, and work with stakeholders in Si design, pre- and post-Si validation, customer support, and other groups to remove roadblocks and achieve success
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Proven ability to deliver complex software/firmware products on schedule with high quality across the application lifecycle
- Proven expertise in software/firmware development practices including SW/FW validation techniques, continuous integration methodology
- Experience in silicon or platform engineering disciplines such as RTL design/verification, pre-Si or post-Si validation, emulation, system engineering and system debug
- Direct customer interfacing through former experience in software management, application engineering, technical marketing, or a related role.