Systems Engineering SoC Architecture
In this position, you will be joining a fast paced team of system engineers responsible for defining and optimizing the hardware platform architecture of wireless communication devices. Your tasks are in the field of architecting, clocking and power /trace & debug /fabric/based-band to RF transceiver/memory and high speed interface/RISC Core integration..., for state-of-the-art wireless modems.
In this role, you will specify hardware architecture through close collaboration with other multi-discipline systems engineering teams, SoC design and verification teams, SW and FW design teams. In this role you will be responsible for the E2E definition and verification of various complex SoC features.
You will have the opportunity to develop latest high-end modems and thereby gather broad knowledge not only in modem applications but also in leading edge manufacturing and design technologies. We offer you the opportunity to work in a cross-functional, multi-cultural and international environment with ample growth opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Definition of hardware architecture according to the use cases by closely interacting with design/layout teams
- Authoring of requirements, hardware design specifications and verification objectives- E2E ownership of assigned features and components through definition, design and integration with the SoC design teams and their verification with the verification teams and supporting the SW integration teams and the various silicon verification teams.
- Decision analysis wrt. overall system cost, area/power/effort impact and time-to-market of hardware modifications
- Performance estimation and improvement by supporting modeling and verification activities
- Co-ordination and support of HW, FW and SW design teams during all implementation phases concept, design, bring-up, optimization and stabilization
- Contributions to continuous improvement activities: analysis of power consumption, identification of power saving potential and definition of improvement measures
- The candidate shall have 7+ years of experience, MTS Member of the Technical Staff, in SoC architecture definition of embedded and low power systems, ideally in battery powered devices.
- Technical expert Ph.D. / Master / Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with proven leadership skills to drive technical topics
- Prior RTL experience in ASIC development, verification and/or FPGA prototyping is a big plus
- Experience with high-speed interfaces, USB/PCIe/LPDDR3-4/DigRF..., and data processing desired
- Experience with power control and power saving mechanisms is a plus
- Excellent communication and moderation skills and willingness to work in an international and multi-cultural environment
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
Inside this Business Group
Intel is one of the largest suppliers of chips for the communications market. The Intel Communications group is focused on designing and building communications technologies such as Ethernet connectivity products, optical components, communications processing solutions and broadband products.