As a BIOS/UEFI FW Engineer you will work closely with Intel silicon design teams, validation teams, development teams, tools teams, marketing teams, and customers to enable, support, and develop server platform BIOS/UEFI FW, reference code, and documentation for Intel Server silicon products and associated features. You will be responsible for software and BIOS/UEFI FW related issues, and debug during the planning, development, and validation stages of the program. You will work closely with customers i.e. OEMs, ODMs, MNCs, and IBVs to enable BIOS/UEFI FW and associated Intel Technologies/Initiatives.
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics plus 4 years of equivalent work experience, or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics plus 3 years of equivalent work experience. 4+ years of experience with C programming 4+ years of experience with system
- Basic Input Output System BIOS, PC or Server architecture, and operating systems
- 4+ years of experience with Unified Extensible Firmware Interface UEFI
- 4+ years of experience in positions where excellent verbal and written communication skills were required.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Industry software engineering processes, principles, and project life cycles
- Experience with BIOS related securityExperience managing external customer accounts
- Experience debugging PC or Server platforms with debug tools Experience with integrating reference code and/or platform support
- Experience with Assembly language programmingExperience with Python programming
- Experience using Git, SVN, and Perforce
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.