Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. Join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Join Intel - and engineer the future.
We are looking for a Line Manager (LM) for a team of ~10 Radio Frequency Concept/System engineers. The RF Concept/System engineering team is responsible for the selection, definition and specification of RF receiver architecture/topology and refinement of detailed concepts for RF transceiver and cellular modem algorithms and subsequent performance characterization and validation of their finite precision implementation using C++/SystemC/Matlab based simulation platform. The team actively participates and contributes to systems engineering shaping the optimum HW/SW split to continuously improve efficiency and capability of RF transceiver/modem chipsets based on various cellular modem technologies. This includes theoretical and simulation based analysis, regular active participation in design and review sessions within cross functional teams, systems support for implementation and mass production optimization related activities and submission of technical papers to relevant conferences.
The responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
Beside these typical line management tasks, the LM shall technically guide and support the team through the RF transceiver development projects with focus on receive architectures, as well as on collaboration with cellular modem organization. Participation in technical discussions and decisions are of high importance, thus RF system background is essential, as well as openness to dive into technical topics and to continuously learning. Project management of RF concept/system work is an important part of daily work as well.
Inside this Business Group
• Bachelor or Master of Science degree with emphasis on wireless communication, digital signal processing, and information technology is required
• 3 - 5 years’ experience in line-management and/or technical project management
• Prior experience in working with multi-sited teams in multiple disciplines
• Academic background in transceiver systems for cellular radio access technologies GSM/WCDMA/LTE/TD-SCDMA/CDMA2000 and CDMA/OFDMA based systems
• Knowledge of Matlab and C/C++ programming
• Experience in embedded HW/SW design
• Demonstrate strong commitment to teamwork and ability to work independently as well
• Strong communication skills with the ability to work with cross-functional and multi-site teams
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Fluent technical English language skills
• Peer organizations in Europe and US will require occasional traveling
Nice to have
• Experience in RF concept/system engineering from antenna to cellular modem base band processing
• German language knowledge skills are an advantage.
What we offer you:
• We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
• Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which groups people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many, many more
• Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks
• Charge internal batteries during energetic team events
• We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, retirement plans, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
• We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
Intel is one of the largest suppliers of chips for the communications market. The Intel Communications group is focused on designing and building communications technologies such as Ethernet connectivity products, optical components, communications processing solutions and broadband products.