Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. Join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Join Intel - and engineer the future.
Intel's Connected Home Division (CHD) are designing the future of communication – connecting the growing number of devices within the home with the cloud. For our continuing strong business growth with immediate start date we are looking for our offices in Neubiberg for an “Embedded Software Engineer PON”. As a member of the Broadband Access Software Team within the Connected Home Division (CHD), you will work in the embedded software development for fiber access networks, namely GPON and the next generation 10G/40G GPON and EPON.
Acting as a technical expert in close collaboration with internal and external partners, your tasks and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Development of low-level device drivers and protocols
• Integration and testing in embedded real-time operating systems
• Test automation with scripting languages
• Debugging, reproduction and analysis of system issues, also in customer systems
• Backup for technical customer support
• Close cooperation with other development departments worldwide
• Proactive mindset, motivated to drive improvements
• Generation of application notes, internal and customer documentation
Inside this Business Group
• Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent required with at least 10+ years of Embedded Software Development experience
• Excellent knowledge in programming "C/C++"
• Expert in embedded Linux, OpenWrt, and other real time operating systems
• Experience with scripting languages like Python, Tcl, shell scripting etc..
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving
• Advanced knowledge in English language
• Good communication and collaboration skills
• Good team work mentality to work in a team and win as a team while being a strong individual contributor that strengthen the overall team
• Willingness and ability to travel occasionally
Nice to have
• German language knowledge is an advantage.
• Familiarity with lab tools such as oscilloscopes, traffic generators/analyzers etc..
• Experience in optical network technology desired
What we offer you:
• We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
• Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which groups people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many, many more
• Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks
• Charge internal batteries during energetic team events
• We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, retirement plans, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
• We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a
Great Place to Work!
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
The Client Computing Group is responsible for all aspects of the client computing business across Phone, Phablet, Tablet and PC platforms, leading Intel's efforts to transform client computing through technologies, new form factors, and driving Intel's corporate-wide user experience initiatives. This spans all client device brands including hardware, software and connectivity ingredients for phones, tablets, Ultrabook™, All-in-Ones, 2 in 1 computing devices, and home gateways.