An opportunity for a highly motivated self-starter to join the DAT Production engineering and operations team which is responsible for the technology, systems and processes to build, test and release McAfee's malware definition DAT files each day.
This is an entry-level Systems Engineer role suitable for someone with limited experience in systems administration and a keen interest in infrastructure automation, configuration management, deployment automation and monitoring to acquire and develop those skills.
- This role may occasionally require out-of-hours work. There will also be an 'on-call' schedule.
- Day-to-day technical support for Staging and live Production environments
- Effective diagnosis and remediation of issues effecting those environments
- Monitor system health and performance
- Adhere to Patching policy
- Manage systems configuration and deployment using automation
- Provide technical assistance and support to Engineering Maintain a mind-set of continuous improvement
Inside this Business Group
-Some experience installing, configuring and administering Windows and Linux systems
- Confidence Scripting with Python, PowerShell or possibly PowerCLIKnowledge of SQL languagesUnderstanding of TCP/IP
- Some of the tools and technologies that you'll be exposed to include Jenkins, Artifactory, Elastic, Stack, UpGuard, Docker, Vagrant, Puppet, VMware, vRealize Operations so awareness of or any experience with some of these would be beneficial
Qualifications & Accreditations:
-Computer science degree or equivalent
Advantageous to have one of more of the following:
-MTA Microsoft Technology Associate, MCSA Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or LPIC Linux
Professional Institute Certification Qualities:
-"Can do" attitudeAbility to apply pragmatism to make informed assessments
- Shows passion, drive, determination and a strong work ethic to succeed
- Demonstrates an innovative approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Confident, personable, ability to work to deadlines
- Enjoys interacting with people all around the company
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Conscientious and ensures the success of the team and the wider business
The Intel Security Group combines employees from McAfee and Intel – people with security expertise in hardware, software, and solutions into one business unit focused on building hardware, software, services and end-to-end security solutions. Intel Security Group sets the stage for new levels of collaboration and innovation and will drive leadership in the industry by providing ubiquitous security and identity protection for people and businesses worldwide.