Experience in embedded architecture, external interfaces, product constraints, along with ability to develop architectures/features that meet these constraints while providing new value for the platform. Source code development, review and maintenance C/C++. Unit and system level test and verification TCL, System C, Modelsim SE Experience in low level programming, system architecture, operating systems, device architecture, hardware design. Experience in storage interface standards such as SATA, SAS, PCIe, and Fiber Channel. System level design and modeling manages design environment make, Perl, SVN, Bugzilla. System integration using 8, 16, 32 bit microcontrollers. Algorithm modeling, benchmarking, implementation, and digital signal processing.
Inside this Business Group
We are seeking a self-motivated firmware engineer to join a growing team of SSD developers who focus on moving Intel's NAND & SSD technologies into new market segments. The Firmware engineer will be responsible for implementing security features like Opal, eDrive and other industry standard capabilities in SSDs. Detailed knowledge of the security protocols as they apply to storage subsystem is required. An SSD firmware engineer in this group will be involved in numerous activities including contributing to the embedded architecture and design, hardware interface programming, algorithm design/implementation and custom customer feature implementation. Additionally this role will involve engaging with a third party team to develop key HW and FW collateral. The tasks in this space will also require reviewing code from other sources, quickly understanding the FW architecture, partitioning it cleanly for future enhancement and driving a path for adding new capabilities in a modular fashion. Product requirements evolve quickly as SSDs gain market share, so new and creative solutions are demanded on a regular basis of our engineers to meet the customer requirements or showcase new SSD capabilities. Our team is focused on building SSDs that add renewed and differentiated value to the PC platform in market segments that are early adopters of SSD products. Engineers are responsible for design, source code development, review and maintenance, unit and system level test/verification and release of the entire SSD firmware stack.
You must possess a minimum of a Bachelor's with 6+ years of experience in embedded systems development or Master's 4+ years of experience of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science or a related field.
* 4+ years of programming experience C/C++
* 4+ years of experience in RTOS and multi-thread application development
* 2+ years of working on storage subsystem firmware / driver development (SSDs, HDDs etc.)
* 2+ years of experience in implementing firmware for security features
* Experience with storage interface standards such as SATA, SAS, PCIe, and NVMe
* Experience developing security focused firmware a plus e.g. public key exchange algorithms, TLS stack, etc.
* Experience of ARM or equivalent processors
* Experience optimizing firmware/software to meet performance metrics
* Experience in system-level debugging skills
* Detailed technical knowledge storage FW development
* Media policies, host policies, multi-core load balancing etc.
* Demonstrated experience in design and implementation of multitasking, event driven real-time firmware using C or C++
* Demonstrated understanding of Real Time Operating systems S concepts including task-switching, deadlocks, and resource management issues
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.