Are you interested in computer graphics and the opportunity to work with our software engineering team on Intel's leading-edge GPU/CPU products? The Visual and Parallel Computing Group VPG Graphics Software Engineering team develops drivers and related technology for Intel's processor graphics customers. This Technical Program Manager role will engage with stakeholders worldwide in guiding these software development activities on the VPG roadmap. This Program Manager will coordinate with engineering managers and other PMs across geos to develop plans, track status and risks, and negotiate priorities for our projects. Areas of focus shall include driver software support for new Si power on activities, software feature integration into the code baselines, plus management of bugs and other general engineering workflow and cross-team coordination issues. Additionally, the candidate must build strong partnerships with software validation and other cross-functional engineering teams to drive project issue resolution plus engineering efficiency process and tool improvements. Candidate must have strong attention to technical detail, data analysis and situational problem solving skills. Finally, the candidate must utilize their strong communication skills in creating effective presentations to key project decision makers and forums.
Inside this Business Group
Bachelor’s degree with experience commensurate to the role. Degree must be in Computer Science or related field.
Candidate must have 10+ years of experience with the following:
-Experience working in systems hardware + software product development teams
-Experience in project management methods and tools consistent with Intel software development lifecycle
- Experience working in large-scale software development teams and projects
- Experience in organizing and delivering Windows or Linux projects
- Broad familiarity with 3D graphics, video and display technologies and industry
- Familiarity with cross-operating system software product development including differences between Android/Linux and Windows code management methodologies
- Experience in evaluating metrics and producing software development project indicators
-Ability to build and deliver concise presentations for program and senior SW staff teams containing key issue assessments and recommendations
- Experience in driver level software product development- Experience using Agile methods to deliver software in the context of a silicon delivery business model
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.
California, Santa Clara;