In this position you will be joining a team of researchers and test chip designers working on hardware and design solutions for extreme scale processing. Focus is on ASIC and SOC designs to advance low power and high performance computing. The engineer will initiate and execute advanced research with significant long-term impact to the HPC business. They will collaborate with technology development partners in defining goals, developing the vision, aligning strategy, and driving fast paced silicon development to meet aggressive technology node cadences.
Responsibilities will include:
- Micro-architecture specification proposal for application-specific accelerators.
- Planning and organizing design projects across all phases of the design process
- Documentation of design specification and methodologies
- Mentoring junior engineers on fundamental in designs, computer architecture
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavior skills:
- Ability to multi-task and flexibility to work in a global environment
- Strong communication skills and have self-motivation
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- MS +3 years’ experience or PhD in Computer Architecture, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Experience in developing the state-of-the-art of microprocessor core micro-architecture, instruction set architecture, memory hierarchy, accelerators, on-chip network.
- Experience in developing and analyzing performance, power, and cost models for new micro-architecture proposals. Hand-on experiences in architecture simulators in high level languages (C/C++) are required.
- Understanding in Hardware Description Languages (i.e. Verilog, System Verilog) is required
- Experience in algorithm analysis
- Experience in accelerators/architecture designs
- Familiarity with numerical analysis
- Familiarity with HPC, graph analytics, or machine learning problems is a plus
- Experience in industry Silicon designs tools (RTL Design, Validation, APR etc.)
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.