Job Description: The Foundry Product Tape Out Execution is the primary technical interface between the customer and internal engineering teams, with focus on ensuring high quality Customer Tape-out, which meets/beats industry standard throughput.
General Focus Areas in this Role: The position is required to work on customer's site to participate the tapeout related tasks including track IP delivery schedule, reliability verification and DRC/LVS verification.
- Lead customer Tape-out Execution for advanced lithography nodes
- Participate in development and update of Tape-out quality Checklists and Paranoia
- Interface with customer lead technical engineer(s) and functional area leaders
- Understand customer's technical requests and needs and translate into an Intel Custom Foundry response
- Ensure customized IP specification meet customer's requirement
- Identify customer's skill and methodology gaps and provide support to enable them to tape-out on Intel process technology
Inside this Business Group
- 10+ years of experience on designing mixed-signal design product with high speed analog IPs, ie. SerDes/HBM
- Ability to support COT/ASIC customers from early design stage through tapeout and provide professional recommendation in design stage
- Ability to work well across Intel Custom Foundry and with customer's engineering team
- Strong brainstorming and problem solving skills
- Good organization skills and ability to develop a plan of action to address technical challenges
Successful applied experience in the areas listed below in the Specific Focus Areas:
- Familiar with EDA tool usage and scripting language to resolve design related technical issues
- Familiar with Reliability Verification flow including IR/EM drop analysis, Latch up / ESD rule
- Familiar with Layout verification flow including DRC/LVS/DFM rule and tapeout cleanup review
- Fluent in Chinese, Japanese or Korean is a plus.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth