- Participating in determination of overall ASIC and system architecture
- Balancing performance, area, power, complexity, risk and runtime to determine optimal architectures and implementations
- Evaluating, selecting, and integrating third-party IP
- Working with physical design , DfT and pre/post Silicon Verification teams on various issues
- Determining, leading, and executing development, integration, bringup and test plans in coordination with other leads.
- Writing detailed complete internal specifications or MicroArchiteure documentation.
- Completing implementation in RTL and evaluating synthesis results for performance and cost
- Ensuring robust and complete timing constraints and evaluating STA results.
- Working closely with verification teams during development
- Working with system and design validation testing teams during bringup and DVT phases.
- Quickly assimilate knowledge, infer consequences, and solve problems before they occur.
- 15 years of relevant design experience, with at least 3-5 years of hands-on technical management. - Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, graduate level or compensating experience. - Proven success in development and productisation of complex ASIC, FPGAs and products - Demonstrated capability to design ASIC, IPs, logic, and FPGAs and drive development from concept to final product. - Sensitive to tradeoffs involving area, power, design and verification complexity and risk, performance, and the needs of compiler, firmware and runtime teams. - Ace logic developer. Can do anything in Verilog / SystemVerilog. - Expert in ASIC design flow. Experience with frontend design tools (Incisive/NCSim, RTL Compiler/Design Compiler, STA with ETS/PrimeTime, power analysis);. Excellent working knowledge of backend tools. - Strong technical experience in some major IPs and protocols, such as SERDES, PCIe and DDR4, and ASIC IP integration in general. - Good understanding of DFT, BIST, other DFx methodologies. - Great scripting skills (e.g. Python); can bring any tool to bear to solve problems. - Knowledgeable with verification methodologies and emulation or prototyping experience helpful. - Excellent problem-solving and debug skills. Ability looking into IP, firmware, compiler and systems domains as needed. - Track record of innovation, project planning and execution, and technical management - Ability to work cross-functionally. Ability to quickly multi-task among many small projects in parallel with major program goals. - Cannot tolerate to be confined to a small focused role. Driven to understand the big picture. Can easily switch gears and take on new and diverse tasks. - Proven leadership capabilities. Ability to delegate and empower the team. - Energetic. Self-driven. Good communication, organization, analytical, presentation and people skills.