Responsible for providing technical expertise in secure design, security validation and security tools to Intel's software and services teams.
Other responsibilities may include:
· Threat assessment, vulnerability assessment, evaluation of security validation and threat/vulnerability analysis tools.
· Ensures that software products conform to secure development standards and specifications.
· Maintains substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art security principles, theories, attacks, security validation techniques, security tools and contributes to literate and conferences.
· May participate in development of intellectual property.
· Requires thorough knowledge of security practices, procedures and security analysis tools in order to perform non-repetitive, analytical work.
· Maintains a deep level of expertise in at least one technical domain e.g., open source SW security, cloud security, web application security
· Provides/contributes to thought leadership in this area.
Inside this Business Group
Position requires a minimum of 4+ years of experience in Software Security, preferably including experience in security validation and security tools for applications, open source SW, web applications, and cloud services.
Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Science, Information systems or related field, or BS in one of these disciplines with additional 2 years of experience required.
The ideal candidate will have the following required background: - Significant knowledge of security standards, security controls, software technology and software security. - Technical expertise in one or more of the following: application security, web services security, cloud/virtualization security, open source software security.
The ideal candidate will have the following: - Significant knowledge of security standards, security controls, software technology and software security. - Technical expertise in one or more of the following: application security, web services security, cloud/virtualization security, mobile security. –
General understanding of application security architecture and secure development best practices. - Excellent communication, documentation skills. - Strong skill set and expertise in current intrusion methods and prevention. - Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand. - Ability to coach and motivate less experienced team members to achieve their goals. - Must have broad and deep technical knowledge and be able to learn new technologies rapidly and independently. Candidate should have broad technical foundation and be able to understand operating system, cloud infrastructure, and application development design and support as necessary to be able to analyze issues and recommend solutions for the detection, remediation and prevention of security vulnerabilities
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.