As a senior NAS/SAN Storage Administrator you will be part of a team responsible for solutions development and support for our global NAS and SAN storage environment used primarily by our design engineering customers to develop our products.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Support for existing tools used to maintain and monitor our NAS and SAN storage environments
- Evaluating new storage solutions, such as new hardware platforms and also new software administrative tools.
- Helping to define storage POR (standards) for the global Engineering Computing (EC) environment
- Resolving problems that have been identified due to incident trends or major incidents
- Providing fourth level escalation for issues within data hosting
- Creating documentation and defining processes for first-third level support
- Automating processes to increase stability and reduce overhead
- Driving efforts related to server patching to eliminate security vulnerabilities and to improve performance
- Interfacing with our NAS and/or SAN vendors
- Performing software development, auditing and script writing
- Defining monitoring and auditing where applicable, and the processes to create to their output.
- Leading and mentoring others within the global and site teams and assisting in their development.
- Project management.
Inside this Business Group
* Degree in MIS/Computer Science
* Minimum of 3 years related working experience in NetApp / Isilon / EMC NAS platform Storage system administration
* Knowledge of SAN, Backup and Restore would be an advantage
* Proficient in Perl/ Shell scripting
* Knowledge of Java or any other language an advantage
* Good understanding of NIS, NFS, automount
* Working on security issues, performance issues, and data migration to ensure the most stable and efficient environment.
* Good understand of Service Management with a special focus on Problem Management
*Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Proactive problem solving abilities
* Ability to be able to interact with peers from other regions, flexible in working hours *Patient and professional interaction with the end user/customers
* Good time management abilities and flexibility on multiple task assignments
* Strong written and verbal skills
* A team player
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.