Job Description: Join the 5G mobile revolution at Intel as part of the Next Generation and Standards NGS division in iCDG. We are looking for an experienced leader to drive development of the Platform Software for advanced 5G modem prototypes. This individual will report to the head of protocol and platform software engineering and manage a team of Platform Software engineers that- develop BSP, IO control drivers and various device drivers for embedded RTOS such as Linux/VxWorks/ThreadX on high performance processors - develop device drivers on an external Application Processor AP running OS's like Linux, Android, Windows, etc. to interface with the Modem SoC.- work with other modem functional leads of the software and modem stack including L1 PHY as well as standards, RF and HW teams.- work in a fast paced environment to deliver a pipeline of 5G wireless technologies and prototypes for demonstration and early field trials. - manages a team of software professionals who are responsible for delivering results over many areas of the software lifecycle: design, developing, debugging, integration, and optimization, customer engagement and product support.Candidate should have a proven track record of taking projects from conception through deployment, team leadership and staff development. May also be required to provide architectural and technical guidance, and ensure that sound engineering practices are followed. Provides direction and goals to the group and interacts with stakeholders both internal and external.
Inside this Business Group
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline and 10+ years of industry experience.
- 10+ years of Managing Software Development Projects in Embedded C/C++, Low Level Driver Development for Linux, Windows, or VxWorks.
- 10+ years of experience in Multithread/Multicore Programming.
- 10+ years of experience in Hardware/Software Integration like DMA, MMIO, and RF Control.
- 10+ years of experience in Development of very High Performance SW with minimum delay and limited response time.
- 10+ years of experience with SW Flows and Timings.
- 10+ years of experience in TCP/IP or 3GPP L2 Protocol Stacks.
- Prior experience Developing of Air-Interface, Physical Layer PHY or MAC Protocols for Wireless Technologies like WiFi, WiGig, Bluetooth, 3GPP, WiMAX, etc.
- Very strong interpersonal skills, stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated capability to work in a fast paced environment filled with ambiguities.
- Effective organization skills, including ability to manage and drive independently with high level directions.
- Able to assume responsibility and be proactive taking initiative to address issues, set direction and meet commitments.
- Exceptional written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Able to take initiatives in identifying gaps and impacts, clarify priorities & drive timely resolution with balanced judgment.
Intel is one of the largest suppliers of chips for the communications market. The Intel Communications group is focused on designing and building communications technologies such as Ethernet connectivity products, optical components, communications processing solutions and broadband products.
California, San Jose;