Job Description: Join the 5G mobile revolution at Intel as part of the Next Generation and Standards (NGS) group in iCDG. We are looking for a Senior Platform Software Engineer for the advanced 5G modem prototype team. The candidate should be self-motivated team player experienced in low level device drivers, embedded controllers, embedded OS's and software development practices. The candidate will have a great opportunity to impact the high velocity delivery of the Next Gen Cellular prototypes by developing software that will be used in multi-site, cross platform development environment. Responsibilities will include but not limited to:- Design, develop, deploy and maintain User mode and Kernel mode Device Drivers, BSP's, advanced Intra processor(s) communication mechanism.- Go through the Software Development Lifecycle including requirement gathering, leading the team for new feature development, unit testing, integration, bug fixing, deployment, etc. - Working independently in a diverse and demanding team environment.- Optimization techniques for power and performance.
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Strong ability to work with ambiguity, flexible in approach, creative in problem solving.
- Proven ability to work across organizational, functional and cultural boundaries.
- Risk taking to explore new possibilities for improvement and innovation.
Inside this Business Group
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent field of study.
- 5+ years of relevant Software Development experience.
- 7+ years of experience writing and testing a "Communication Type" Device Driver for Linux, VxWorks, ThreadX or other RTOS environment.
Ideally the candidate would have written or maintained more than one driver on more than one operating systems.
- 7+ years of experience developing in a constrained Embedded Platform.
- 7+ years of experience developing User/Kernel Mode Device Drivers.
- 7+ years of experience in demonstrating Testability with Low Level Software.
- 7+ years of experience in C Programming Language.
- 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering, Agile Development Process and Version Control Systems.
- Experience with or an understanding of how OS and BIOS interact with the HW.
- Good understanding of CPU architecture, CPU and Memory Optimization Techniques.
- Good written and verbal communication for expressing technical ideas and initiatives.
Intel is one of the largest suppliers of chips for the communications market. The Intel Communications group is focused on designing and building communications technologies such as Ethernet connectivity products, optical components, communications processing solutions and broadband products.
California, Santa Clara;