Intel is collaborating with the world's leaders in automotive design and technology to turn visionary concepts for automated driving into reality.
As the car moves to the center of the software-defined autonomous world, Intel is delivering scalable, secure solutions for transportation and automated driving. Communication between car and cloud will enable new experiences, made possible by Intel® technologies that span in-vehicle computing, 5G connectivity, and the data center.
Intel is an architect of transportation for a better life and a safer world.
Now is the best time for you to join our Automated Driving efforts and step into the future.
We are looking for the Software Engineer on the Automated Driving team who will design and develop software for next generation automated driving systems. The position will include design and implementation of embedded software.
In the role you will be responsible for supporting research and developmental efforts in automated vehicle technologies ranging from Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) to semi- and fully-autonomous driving capabilities.
As an Automated Driving Software Development Engineer, your responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
Inside this Business Group
• Qualifications: Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field plus 6 years of work experience, Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field plus 4 years of related work experience, or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field plus 2 years of related work experience.
• Excellent skills in C++ and standard libraries (e.g. STL, OpenCL, Boost)
• Experience developing software for Linux
• Advanced English communication skills, both written and verbal
• Software/firmware development in one or more languages/platforms/libraries (C/C++, VHDL/Verilog, MATLAB, CUDA, OpenCL, ROS)
• Familiarity with sensor modalities used in robotics and automated driving applications (Camera/Vision, RADAR, LIDAR, INS/IMU)
• Familiarity with commonly used approaches for autonomous systems (sensor data processing, data fusion, scene analytics, scene interpretation, behavior prediction, trajectory planning, etc.)
• Working Knowledge of Linux in embedded applications
• You should at least have intense experiences or be expert in one of the following:
- Functional Safety analysis and/or realization of software defined safety critical systems
- Maneuver and path planning and/or fallback safety driving strategies of AD vehicles
- Situation analysis and strategic decision making for AD vehicles
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.