As a High Speed I/O Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for providing support for Intel PSG’s components, tools, and intellectual property focused on high speed I/O technologies. This support includes creating technical manuals and checkout for new gigabit transceiver equipped Altera devices. You will be providing expert assistance in high speed system solutions for Altera devices and our IP solutions, and resolving component and tools issues in a timely and complete manner to ensure a successful design experience with Intel PSG Products.
Inside this Business Group
• Bachelor’s or Masters in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
• Protocol knowledge and debugging high speed systems such as PCIe Gen2/Gen3, Interlaken, SFI-S, 10GBase-R (40G/100G) systems.
• Experience in Verilog HDL/VHDL, functional simulation/hardware correlation, and hardware lab bring up.
• Experience with high speed test equipment (Scopes, BERTs, Spectrum Analyzers) is a plus
• Analytical with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Able to create customer facing documentation like handbooks, Application Notes with reference designs
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.