Job Description Defines roadmaps to meet requirements, goals and milestones for a new technology process. Defines and establishes flow, procedures, and equipment configuration for the module. Selects and develops material and equipment for the process to meet quality, reliability, cost, yield, productivity and manufacturability requirements. Plans and conducts experiments to fully characterize the process throughout the development cycle. Drives improvements on quality, reliability, cost, yield, process stability/capability, productivity and safety/ergonomic over variables such as material, method, equipment, environment and operating personnel. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, statistical knowledge, and problem-solving tools. Establishes process control systems for the process module and sustains the module through volume ramp. Develops strategy to resolve difficult problems and establishes systems to deal with these problems in the future. Trains production/receiving process engineers for transfer to other factories. Transfers process to high volume manufacturing and provide support in new factory start-up as well as install and qualification of the new production lines.
Qualifications You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
• The ideal candidate must possess a M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Inorganic Chemistry, Material Technology (Polymers), Nanotechnology, Mathematics / Applied Physics, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Computer Science.
• Prior industry internship experience is strongly preferred.
• Focus on fundamental understanding of semiconductor/silicon processing (lithography, plasma etch, plasma deposition, electroplating and associated interactions).
• Knowledge of semiconductor materials characterization techniques such as CSAM, X-RAY, XPS, FTIR, SEM/EDX, TEM, TGA, DMA, Raman and other mechanical/electrical/chemical analysis techniques
• Understanding of reliability failure modes and models in semiconductor processing and electronic packaging.
• Familiarity with Assembly (Electronic Packaging) and substrate manufacturing technologies.
• Knowledge of statistics and use of statistical tools/methods.